2021-22 Advanced Throwers Academy
09/07/2021 - 03/12/2022
Grades High School Age
6 Sessions Available; Maximum of 5 athletes per session
- Session 1- 4:00 to 6:00 (Tues./Thurs.) and 10:00 to 12:30 (Sat.)
- Session 2- 4:30 to 6:30 (Tues./Thurs.) and 10:30 to 12:30 (Sat.)
- Session 3- 5:00 to 7:00 (Tues./Thurs.) and 11:00 to 1:00 (Sat.)
- Session 4- 5:30 to 7:30 (Tues./Thurs.) and 11:30 to 1:30 (Sat.)
- Session 5- 6:00 to 8:00 (Tues./Thurs.) and 12:00 to 2:00 (Sat.)
- Session 6- 6:30 to 8:30 (Tues./Thurs.) and 12:30 to 2:30 (Sat.)
COSTThis program is a 6 month commitment, which means athletes that register are signing up and paying for the full program. Because of the limited spots available, there will be no prorated prices or incomplete payments. There are two options for payment with a commitment to the entire fee:
- One time payment in full: $2,500. Payment is due upon registration.
- Monthly payments: $500 deposit at registration (covers first month) and 5 monthly payments of $400. Credit card on file will be charged at the beginning of each month.
This is a data driven six-month program that focuses on velocity, pitch, and athletic development. Each athlete begins with a one-on-one baseline assessment that is done in gym with one of our trainers. Once completed, each participant is given a program that is tailored to their needs. With the use of the TRAQ Software, players are programmed seven days a week (with the bulk of the work being done in gym Tuesday’s, Thursday’s and Saturday’s) and go through different extensive phases that drives throwing velocity and overall athletic development. Using different training methods, athletes are able to improve movement efficiency in the throw, increase mobility, strength, and health to prepare them ready for their upcoming season.
- Step one is to assess. Each player will go through an extensive assessment by one of our trainers before beginning the program. The assessment will include:
- Rapsodo Baseline Bullpen (position dependent): This will allow us to get a velocity baseline and gather all the analytics of each pitcher’s arsenal. This will also allow us to shape pitch profiles later in the program.
- Mechanical/biomechanics report: An in depth mechanical analysis outlying what needs to be addressed in the mechanics of the throw. This will drive our drills that we prescribe for each athlete to maximize movement efficiency.
- Mobility Screening: A full body screening which tests passive and active range of motion allowing us to have a better understanding of the physical limitations that is holding the athlete back from achieving their goals.
- Strength Assessment: A thorough strength assessment will give us a baseline in seeing how much force the athlete can produce and how experienced they are in the weight room.
- Profile in software/plan: At the end of each assessment a trainer will outline what the next 6 months will look like so each participant knows what they can expect during the program. They will also have an individual profile in the TRAQ Software.
- Our throwing program is individualized for each athlete. With the use of Driveline Plyocare Balls, the Core Velocity Belt, Medicine Balls, PVC Pipe Drills, and Long Toss, athletes will be prescribed drills that will help them move more efficiently during the throw.
- The program will also entail a detailed long toss program that monitors volume and intensity to ensure health, intent, and the transition of movements from previous drills to throwing a 5oz baseball. Depending on age and movement quality, athletes will go through a velocity phase allowing the body to self-organize through intent.
- Lastly, based on the position of the participant there will be a transition to the mound so that the athlete can get accustomed to the slope before their season. Velocity and pitch development through Rapsodo 2.0 will be the focus during this phase.
- Each athlete will have an individualized mobility routine that will based on their assessment. Our program utilizes the Functional Range Conditioning System to increase range of motion and overall joint health. Through our certified FRCms instructor, athletes will be given the tools necessary to move better. For more information on the FRC system and its impact on improving movement quality you can visit their website https://functionalanatomyseminars.com
- Our strength program will focus on proper form and movement quality throughout each exercise. Regardless of experience in the weight room, athletes will be taught how to lift properly and increase external loads appropriately over time. Advanced lifters will have programs dedicated to their needs that will allow them to increase RFD (rate of force development) and improve overall movement.
PITCH DEVELOPMENT (POSITION DEPENDENT)
- For pitchers in the program, there will be a pitch development phase. Based on the metrics in the initial Rapsodo Bullpen, each athlete will go through a pitch design phase with our pitch design certified instructors that help shape pitches to play off their fastball. Using Rapsodo 2.0, we can work on effectively creating an arsenal that allows each athlete to have success with multiple pitches.
- Based off age and ability, athletes will get a Rapsodo Report that they can send to college coaches to help with the recruiting process. Using social media to our advantage, we will post videos through our twitter account to recruiting accounts that will help the athlete get exposure.
- Our program is more than just development. Throughout the six months, our staff will educate each athlete on how to maximize their performance based on what they do outside the program. This will include education on sleep, recovery, nutrition, and training. Knowledge of this will allow each person to gain an edge on their competition.
- All programming is individualized. Based on current level of strength, age, training experience, multi-sport athletes, and overall athletic ability, each athlete will be programmed around what they need the most to fit their needs. This is a long-term development program that provides each person the resources to maximize their true potential.
- For any questions regarding the program please contact our Director of Pitching Dominic Downs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-736-2353